5 August 2021
Melbourne: Leading investor relations and media communications firm, Market Eye, has restructured its senior leadership to capitalise on the growing need for high growth Australian listed companies, including mid and large cap companies, to access specialist investor relations and capital markets advice to complement their internal capability.
Founded in 2007, and having advised more than 170 ASX-listed companies, Market Eye has made the following changes to its senior leadership team:
- Eric Kuret has been promoted to Managing Director & CEO. With the firm since 2008, Eric is renowned for his multi-sector advisory expertise, and is well placed to lead Market Eye through its next growth phase
- Adrian Mulcahy has been promoted to Managing Director. With more than 25 years’ experience in institutional funds management, capital markets and analytics, Adrian provides a unique perspective to company Boards and senior management teams.
- Craig Sainsbury has been promoted to Managing Director. With 20 years’ experience in investment banking and equities research, Craig also provides a unique perspective to company Boards and senior management teams
- Tristan Everett has been promoted to Executive Director. As more companies utilise multi-channel media strategies to support their investor relations activities, Tristan’s more than 20 years’ experience is a key asset
- Founder Ronn Bechler moves to the role of Executive Chairman, focused on complex capital markets issues, growth initiatives, existing clients and team mentoring.
Eric, Adrian and Craig, have also become shareholders in the firm.
Commenting on the restructure and promotions, Founder and Executive Chairman, Ronn Bechler said:
“With more volatile market conditions and an increasingly vocal shareholder community driven by ESG demands, it’s a harder operating environment for Australian public companies to navigate. Even though many have their own internal investor relations teams, they increasingly need expert external advice to complement their internal resources. With a dozen large cap companies now advised by Market Eye, we have seen this trend evolve over the past 12 months.
“The capital raising environment has also become more precarious. Market Eye is one of the few investor relations firms in Australia with an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL), allowing us to partner with Broker Lead Managers to provide independent advice and counsel to Boards of Directors. Market Eye has advised on close to $2 billion in capital raisings over the past five years, and we are seeing an increasing demand for these services given the capital markets background of the senior team.
“As companies address increasingly active shareholder bases via AGMs and other shareholder meetings to approve Schemes, management option packages and other important corporate resolutions, Market Eye has deep analytic tools that provide insights to Boards on how shareholders are voting, intend to vote, and are likely to vote. The insights these tools have provided Boards in high profile shareholder meetings have been invaluable in achieving positive outcomes for our clients.
“These promotions will allow Market Eye to more effectively support small, mid and large cap companies with their investor relations and capital markets activities.”
For further information please contact:
Executive Director, Media & Communications M: +61-403 789 096